A safari vehicle in Tanzania needs to be tough enough to get off the beaten track and deep into the African wilderness, safely and reliably. It needs to be rugged but comfortable, and most of all; it needs to be well-maintained. Your safari vehicle can make or break your trip. You don’t want to be limited by a vehicle that can’t take you to the best places for viewing wildlife, nor do you want to lose valuable time on a safari due to breakdowns. Nature Discovery has thought about these things, and we’ve got you covered.
We have a fleet of Toyota Land Cruisers, the toughest vehicles in the African bush. We professionally customize and maintain them in our own workshop in Arusha. They are modern, clean, and in perfect working order. Some of our safari vehicles have a longer wheelbase, offering a seating capacity of seven window seats, while some have five window seats.
Each vehicle is equipped with the following:
- Seat belts for each passenger
- Open roof-hatch access for each passenger, allowing you to stand up and get an unimpeded view of the wildlife
- An oversized hydraulic sunshade, which covers all the roof hatches and provides vital sun-relief during game drives in the late morning and early afternoon. The sun shade pops up or down quickly, and can be easily removed for totally unobstructed wildlife viewing, when needed. (Most safari vehicles in Tanzania have solid pop-up roofs which impede game viewing perspectives, as they cannot be removed! It’s a big advantage to have removeable roof-hatches with an optional sunshade which can be quickly setup or put away.)
- A 20-liter drinking water station, operated by a simple hand pump. This eliminates the need for single-use plastic, and we provide unlimited safe drinking water for your whole safari
- Wooden compartment accents throughout the vehicle interior, for holding all your safari-essentials like binoculars, camera, reference books, bean bags, drinks and snacks.
- A 20-liter cool box for keeping your cool drinks cool. Ask us about sundowner drinks; a safari tradition that we love to honor!
- Sturdy adjustable padded arm-rests, an extra seat cushion on every seat, and cotton-canvas seat covers to keep you comfortable on those bumpy roads through the bush
- All our drivers carry books and field guides on mammals, birds and trees, to help you research and identify the wonders of the bush in every location.
- a VHF radio, used by the driver-guide to communicate in case of an emergency, or to get news regarding a particularly interesting game viewing spot
- Safe drivers! Our record of safety is impeccable, and we hold our drivers to the highest standards for safe vehicle operation and sustainable protocols to ensure that we’re walking our talk.
Contact us today and let us start planning your Tanzanian adventure.